These muffins aren’t just moist and fluffy, they’re undeniably bakery quality.
And you wanna know the kicker? I heap the cup full of blueberries when measuring and place a few more on top before baking!
If cinnamon is your thing, toss some on the tops or add a teaspoon into the batter.
The base recipe was snatched from Inspired Taste, but I took it up a notch with some high-quality ingredients of my own. Trust me, these muffins are about to become your new obsession.
- 1 ½ cups Organic Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Organic Evaporated Cane Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Real Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ⅓ cup Sunflower or Avocado Oil
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ - ½ cup Whole Milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Blueberries (heaping)(fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare muffin pan with liners. Spray lightly with nonstick spray. Your yield will be about 10 standard muffins, 8 large or 6 extra large bakery size.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt & baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil to a measuring cup. Add the egg. Fill the cup up to the 1 cup measure with milk. Add vanilla.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture. Mix until just blended. Do not overmix. Batter will be thick. Fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cups. Using a measuring spoon, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of ECJ (sugar) onto each muffin.
- Bake muffins 15 to 20 minutes until muffins are done. Cool in pan or on rack.