These biscuits are my go-to because they’re fast, scrumptious, and popular with everyone.
Whether paired up with soup, chili or a salad, they make the perfect addition.
Doubling the recipe always happens cause one batch is never enough.
Garlic Cheese Biscuits
- 4 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Organic Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Real Salt
- ⅔ cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese (grated)
Garlic Butter Topping
- 2 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- Garlic Salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- In a a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt).
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the melted butter and buttermilk.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Fold in the shredded cheese. Do not overmix.
- Using a small scoop or spoon, drop dough onto a baking pan 1" apart.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt to taste (or use garlic powder and salt).